AVM6840 international can not browse for stored FW update

Dieses Thema im Forum "Discussions in english" wurde erstellt von jonasolof, 15. April 2013.

1. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    The router is connected to my LAN and has been given a static address. I have downloaded the FW update image file to a folder on the computer. I can reach the AVM6840 from this computer and I use Chrome as a browser. When I go to System Firmware upgrade and choose search, the router only searches online and it doesn't find anything. Obviously, since I haven't been able to introduce a gateway address in the eoutr ip settings. No box appears that allows me to browse for the update which is stored on the computer. The help file says that I should use the box.

I do not have access to 4G here and therefore, the router can't search itself for the 105.05.50 upgrade.

Using an ipad over wifi and with the FW file on a USB stick in the router, no luck either.

Regards

Jonas

Jonas

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15. April 2013
  2. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
  3. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Actually it is an advantage not to download the latest FW for the international version over a 4G connection. The 24 FW does not have LTE 1800 even on a new triband 6840, that only appears in the 50 FW. Also, you want the new FW already installed as you connect over LTE for the first time, since you will then get a list of providers which us more complete than i the 024 list. Sweden was not present in 24.

Diese Seite empfehlen