B593 firmware and internal external antenna coupling

Dieses Thema im Forum "Discussions in english" wurde erstellt von jonasolof, 26. August 2012.

1. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    The Swedish operators Telia and Tele2 have their own versions of the router B593. Both are clones of the B593u-12, which are sold in Germany also. From the start, users had problems when attaching non-DC short circuited external antennas.

Telia responded to the critizism and offered a new firmware which allows for the user to choose manually in the web interface if an internal or an external antenna should be used. This firmware is locked to Telia which only offer LTE 800 and 2600.

Tele2, on the other hand, never reacted to the problem and has not offered any new firmware. This operator uses LTE 900 and 2600. The only remedy are the adapters which contain a small resistor (Widerstand) and thereby makes the router shift automatically to external antennas. These "Spezialadaptern" are fairly expensive. Question 1: can they be bought in Germany and at what price?

Question 2: is there any unlocked firmware available for the B593? The clients of Tele2 are the ones which have the greatest need for a solution but the problem is of course the use of LTE 900.

(I posted earlier questions regarding diagnostics and reading RSRP and RSRQ in the B593. I now have personal experience with these routers and can confirm, that the Swedish versions allow for exactly the same readings as the German versions.)

Question 3: Is there any news of a possibility of locking the B593 router to a specifik LTE band? It should be mentioned, that the Dovado firmeare version 6.1 allows for locking the E392 and E398 modems to a specific band. It is probable, that the same could be done in the B593, if only Huawei allowed for it.

Bitte auf Deutsch oder Englisch antworten/Answers welcome in German or English

Grüsse

Jonas/

Many thanks to this forum for offering access to international participants with questions relating to the German experiences with LTE hardware. I am convinced that many Russian internauts will find the info valuable, now that LTE 800 and 2600 are quickly rolled out in Russia. AVM should market a Russian version of the Fritzbox AVM6840. The market could be huge.

2. Betamax

Betamax Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I will tell them at IFA in Berlin tomorrow :) But I think they have enough to do with their German customers :D

I don´t think that there is a "neutral" firmware for the B593u-12. Maybe it would be possible to get the firmware via OTA update, but therefore you have to find and manipulate the update server adress in the firmware of the router. Maybe someone with coding skills can do that? :D

3. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Tele2 came with a FW upgrade which allows for the user to select external or internal antenna in the user interface, just like Telia's new firmware. Many have unlocked their Tele2 B593's with dc-unlocker. The Telia B593 äre more difficult to unlock. it has not been possible to find the new Tele2 FW upgrade on the net for download in say a telia B593.

The bottom line is that an unlocked tele2 firmware upgraded B593 router is now the best router for LTE 900 and other bands including 800, 1800 and 2600. If 900 is not needed, I prefer AVM6840.

4. Ailsa00

Ailsa00 New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Diese Seite empfehlen