Fw 105.05.23 for AVM6840 can not be used with non DE/CH/AT sim cards.

Dieses Thema im Forum "Discussions in english" wurde erstellt von jonasolof, 11. September 2012.

1. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    The page which allows for manual settings of APN etc has been removed. The only option is to reinstall the previous firmware over ftp://service.avm.de

Or hope that the new international 6840 will allow for manual settings of APN etc.

I even have the impression that there has been an automatic upgrade of the 105.05.23 FW, maybe to cope with the PLMN not allowed problem, because after installing the new firmware, I could still choose between 2600 and 800. This option is now nowhere to be found in the installed FW.

2. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Problem solved and it was not the firmware at all. There simply was not enough pressure on the SIM card, once the sled was inserted. Mysteriously, the router work normally with my original LTE Telia card but no other card would work. This telia card is a microsim, so I used a 3 euro telia sim card adapter for it. That fraction of a millimeter that the adapter adds is enough for the sim card to be read (it's white plastic and probably slightly thicker than some other adapters.

It was my own fault, since in July, I inserted the sled with an adapter but no microsim. The sled got stuck and I had to open the router and press down the small gilded contact balls to be able to pull out the sled. Doing this, I probably slightly damaged the springs pressing the contacts up. Inserting microsim adapters without the SIM will be punished if you do it to this Fritzbox or to an iPhone 3GS or a huawei mifi E589 as many repenters have learned.

Once I made all sim cards into microsims and used adapters, they work, also from other ISPs. So now I have the complete Netzliste/Net overview showing various cells from different ISPs on 2600. On 800 there is only Telia, since the others use LTE 900 instead (so far).

10 km away from the strongest cell, I get RSRP -85 dBm with a 18 dBi mimo 2600 Mhz sector antenna. This is over water and the masts are more or less within sight.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 14. September 2012
  3. jonasolof

jonasolof Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Diese Seite empfehlen