LTEwatch 1.1 rc 1 and B315s-22 stopped working.

Dieses Thema im Forum "Discussions in english" wurde erstellt von Razoola, 31. Mai 2016.

1. Razoola

Razoola New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hello today my Huawei B315s-22 was updated to software version 21.313.03.00.983. Since this has happened LTWwatch has stopped receiving signal information from the router. It can still log into the router but all values displayed in LTEwatch are 0.

Is this a known problem or any ETA on a fix?

2. peejiihoo

peejiihoo New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Same problem here with that same firmware version and router model. No values for RSRP,RSSI,RSRQ,SINR and no Global Cell-ID.
    LTEWatch shows Model,Firmware versin,UE IMEI,Provider,Connectivity Standard,Connect time,Frequency Band and MCC-MNC and Data transfer rate.

3. Razoola

Razoola New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I have done a little digging today along with talking to Huawei support and such. They are currently looking into it and will get back to me. Doing a quick search I see someone reported this problem to Huawei business in April but they did not really look into it. I do know the last correctly working software version is 21.311.03.00.983 but I cannot seem to find it anywhere to download it (we need it to have 983 in number). I'm not even sure if the router allows flashing to older software.

What is clear is _DO NOT UPDATE OR ALLOW OTA UPDATE FROM HUAWEI_. Of course it will probably be to late when people see that message.

Just to give you a little more detail of what the problem is. The routers api XML page in relation to signal strength is not returning signal information as it did with previous firmware. The router address for this page is;

http://homerouter.cpe/api/device/signal/ (replacing homerouter.cpe with routers assigned ip address).

The XML is still accessible with the updated software but the values are simply missing from the related cells, As follows;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <response>
    <pci></pci>
    <sc></sc>
    <cell_id></cell_id>
    <rsrq></rsrq>
    <rsrp></rsrp>
    <rssi></rssi>
    <sinr></sinr>
    <rscp></rscp>
    <ecio></ecio>
    <mode>7</mode>
    </response>

Not sure if Huawei has purposely removed the details, a bug, or if it there is another XML page that can be accessed to retrieve the info. I have a feeling the signal strengh indicator on the normal webui interface is also not working correctly but I have not been able to confirm this yet.

4. vai

vai New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
  5. Razoola

Razoola New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Yes I have downgraded but I did not get the downgrade from that site. You also cannot downgrade to the previous firmware revision because it will continue to bug you to upgrade even if you decline the upgrade. It does this every few days even if you do not log into the routers UI.

So to downgrade and not get future upgrade messages you must downgrade to firmware 21.300.03.00.983, I got that from http://asanfile.com/file?path=huawei/flash file/b series/B315S/ (its te 5th firmware on the page I believe).

!!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

for the upgrade I basically followed this video from the start up until around the 6:15 mark ofter getting the tools needed). In my case the end of the multicast update part (where the router shows progress with the signal leds), my router did not reboot itsself like the video appears to show so. I simply let the multicast tool run about another 10 minutes (while the router indicator was green) until I finally rebooted manually after stopping the upgrade tool.

I was then downgraded to this early firmware. From there I updated to the previous firmware I had but as I mentioned before I was put off be the constant upgrade nags. However you can downgrade again to the previous firmware using the UI so to go backwards from that firmware is not locked out like the latest which stops signal readings.

The only issue I have found with the early firmware I now use is there is no UI option to use the internal or external antenna. I think it is automatically done, I use external antennas and they are being used on the router with the early firmware (21.300.03.00.983).

I have spoken directy to Huawei and they are unwilling to fix this bug in the latest firmware and signal strengh. From the wispers I have heard on the internet (not sure if it is true) the firmware was released to dials back the way the internals work so the model is less likly to fault. The downside is the router receives a reduced signal and thus slightly less proformance. The advanced signal strengh monitors were removed to hide this fact.

Just for referance the previous firmware I was using before the mess started was 21.311.03.00.983 and you can download that from http://consumer.huawei.com/fi/support/products/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=84163&pname=B315s-22&pcode=B315s-22&key0=Home Internet&key1=LTE Router&key2=B315s-22

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 9. März 2017
  6. Razoola

Razoola New Member

Punkte für Erfolge:

Diese Seite empfehlen