LTE News

Please Help, need assistance to rent a LTE datacard. (sorry about english)

pedroo84

Hello, my name is Pedro I'm from Brazil and unfortunately I don't speak dutch.
    I've found this forum and maybe some of you guys could help me out.

I'm a Journalist and I work for ESPN Brazil (a TV sports channel), next week I'm going to Munich for the UEFA Champions League Final, I'll be staying there for one week.

During the event coverage I'll be streaming live videos to a server based here in Brazil, and LTE would be the perfect solution to me.
    I've used LTE in US before and it's simple outstanding technology.

When I go to US I always rent a LTE dongle from a company (wifirents.com) I've tried hard to find a similar company in germany that could rent me a LTE dongle or hotspot, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything.

So my question is:

Does any of you know where I can rent such service?
    If not, could any one of you rent me your own LTE dongle?

I'll be needing:
    Vodafone LTE 50mb/10mb upload dongle
    For the period of:
    14 of may to 20 of may (monday to sunday)
    Where:
    In Munich

Thank's in advance.

Administrator
    Teammitglied
    Anbieter
    Vodafone
    Tarif
    Gigacube
    LTE Speed
    500 MBit/s
    Hardware
    Gigacube 5G
    Hello pedroo,
    unfortunately i know no similar service or company in germany. But the business-idea is not bad :)
    Sorry!
    Mod

nota2225

Tarif
    O2 my Data Spot Unlimited
    LTE Speed
    B20 im Ø 30/15 Mbit/s
    Hardware
    Huawei B528s-23a
    hi pedroo84,

you are welcome! Here in germany it is not possible to get 4G as prepaid or rent it. Prepaid for 3G is possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

shadowworld

Tarif
    nur Testkarten ;)
    LTE Speed
    max. 50Mbps mangels schnellerem LTE bei uns
    Hardware
    VF B2000/EB904/K5005; T-Speedport LTE II
    hi pedro, at first you'll have to check, if LTE is available at all in the place where you need it. we have 3 providers in germany, supporting LTE: Telekom T-Mobile, vodafone and o2 Germany. Next you should know, that the german LTE access is limited at Telekom and o2 Germany, only vodafone currently offers unlimited traffic/volume. When you've to stream videos, there'll surely be lots of traffic?! Then, like nota2225 said, currently there's no option, to get prepaid oder rental LTE contracts. But you can try to make contact directly to vodafone Germany or a vodafone-Shop in Munich and explain your situation, perhaps they'll know a way to help you to get, what you need.

Prepaid 3G/UMTS doesn't make sense because of the limitations here, when you've to stream lots of videos.

Betamax

Tarif
    DataComfort L
    LTE Speed
    300 MBit/s
    Hardware
    Huawei E398
    Does any of you know where I can rent such service?
    If not, could any one of you rent me your own LTE dongle?

I'll be needing:
    Vodafone LTE 50mb/10mb upload dongle
    For the period of:
    14 of may to 20 of may (monday to sunday)
    Where:
    In Munich

Thank's in advance.

Hi Pedro,

like the other members already said, there is no possibility to rent such a MiFi device or dongle here in Germany. I have a LTE dongle and a 21,6MBit/s tariff. Are you sure that your hotel in Munich is covered with Vodafone LTE? You can find out here. If you are planning to stream right out of the stadium, it maybe doesn´t work because the coverage is too bad for a LTE dongle there.

If you have LTE coverage, please send me a personal message for further details if you´re interested, maybe i can rent my LTE router or LTE dongle to you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

pedroo84

Thank's every one for the answers, I'll be using the LTE on the streets, doing a few live streaming broadcasts from touristic places and other important landmarks, to show the atmosphere on the city during this week.
    So my positions are quite flexible, except for the stadium, would be great to have coverage some where outside of the stadium.

I've sent a MP to Betamax, maybe he can help me.

Another thing, what's the average Upload Speed you guys get with LTE?

Thank you again.

pedroo84

Great, thank's everyone.
    If anyone would be willing to rent your personal dongle or hotspot to me, I'll be very grateful.
    I'll be staying in Munich, hotel NH NEUE MESSE.
    thank's

nota2225

Tarif
    O2 my Data Spot Unlimited
    LTE Speed
    B20 im Ø 30/15 Mbit/s
    Hardware
    Huawei B528s-23a
    I never would share my stick/dongle.....but I thought you are with Max in contact.....? Are you?!?!

pedroo84

Hi Pedro,

like the other members already said, there is no possibility to rent such a MiFi device or dongle here in Germany. I have a LTE dongle and a 21,6MBit/s tariff. Are you sure that your hotel in Munich is covered with Vodafone LTE? You can find out here. If you are planning to stream right out of the stadium, it maybe doesn´t work because the coverage is too bad for a LTE dongle there.

If you have LTE coverage, please send me a personal message for further details if you´re interested, maybe i can rent my LTE router or LTE dongle to you.

Hello Betamax, if you read this, I'm still trying to contact you trough PM, my flight to Munich is tonight. Please add me on skype (oliveiras1) or send me a e-mail. I really need the LTE dongle... If you could help me I'll be very grateful.
    Thank you very much.

Oben