LTE News

LTEWatch H-Edition

Coltect

Hardware
    Huawei E8372, OpenWRT + ROOter
    OK, I am not good at documentation at all, but here is my attempt to cover the setup of my system here. I took a heap of photos today and many screen shots so it is all current as of today.
    As I use my own system as a test bed for things I will be doing for clients, it may change at any time, however this is how it is now.
    I do need to spend some time and make my solar relay system much cleaner, mount it properly, and move it from under a tree that will eventually drop a large limb onto it.
    Not really sure how appropriate this is to LteWatch-H, but that is what brought me here.
    The little white LTE MIMO antennas I got off ebay for $25-30 each. They were advertised as 35dBi gain (ridiculous) but I think they do get around 10-15dBi which is amazing for what they are. I have had one out in the weather for a year in August, and it is still OK.

I hope it works.

Cheers,
    Coltect

Christoph1989

Tarif
    Unlimited Surf von Salt Schweiz
    LTE Speed
    40 Mbit/s
    Hardware
    Huawei / E5186 Telekom
    Hey Coltect :)

I have seen the antenna did you buy this China from Ebay. The problem is that the are worth nothing and only bring a dirt compound.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28141225160...49&var=580438650069&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Build yourself a DIY :) but I have and is worlds better for less money.

Here pictures for comparing the Ebay antenna:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview...lsOUhpNFFDdTlCSUpJbGhOSjhsc0V6VWs&usp=sharing

DIY:
    https://www.lte-anbieter.info/lte-hardware/antenne-bauen/bastelanleitung.php

KOSH

Tarif
    unendlich
    LTE Speed
    145,00 MBit
    Hardware
    LINKSYS-WRT1900ACS+Fritz6820+SIERRA_EM7455
    Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Coltect

Hardware
    Hello Christoph1989,
    Yes the antennas I did get from China via ebay. A different seller though. Maybe they come from a different factory too. I did first buy just one to see if it would really work, and it did, so I bought some more. The second lot I bought did not have exactly the same plastic quality, but seemed to work just as well.

ebay link for where I got mine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281316099357?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I did not like the look of the photos in your link, so opened up one of mine. It is much cleaner and more precise. There are some hot glue threads where there should not be, but the connections look much better.
    I will clean it up a bit before reassembly.

See these photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzlmjzmc6dqssbb/AABI4oxumthA_sbxVLoDAPJNa?dl=0

I have made many Yagi antennas for 850 MHz here. Following instructions on Whirlpool forum for Homemade Yagi / antennas at:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2301887

and wiki's at

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/homemade_yagi
    http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/nextg_3g_satellite_dish_antenna

One I still carry around in the car and use often is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r361jt3hvib0fgb/AAC3c8idGwD7DkgDlAgJ6jPxa?dl=0

I really should try and build one of the antennas in your DIY link, but would like to get it more tuned for 700MHz. Also, (I am not sure of this yet) I believe that the Huawei E8372 can use both Band 28 - 700MHz and Band 3 - 1800 MHz at the same time. If it proves that the Huawei cannot do this, Modems that can will be available soon. Designing an antenna that can boost both these frequencies at the same time is difficult, but the cheap China MIMO's seem to do it OK. At least they do boost Band 3 on my existing Sierra modems and also Band 28 on the Huawei.

Cheers, Coltect

(Is it OK to keep writing this here and in English ?)

Coltect

Hardware
    Hallo @Kosh,
    Thanks I have downloaded Toolbox and will give it a try.

Hope you have a good Party, and your head is not too sore when reading this :)

Franz

Tarif
    Vodafone Cable 25MBits
    Hardware
    FritzBox 6490Cable
    Hello Coltect,
    where are you exactly in Australia. My wife has some relatives in Queensland. ;)

After you indeed live on a farm, I guess that you're also cleverly crafted. Therefore I would suggest you also the antenna of Ospel. Still's with you because you were allowed to winter and have a little more time. :)

I have already tested some antennas and most sent back to the seller! Because they were only Trash.

What remains are only these ones:

My favorite:
    http://www.amazon.de/LTE-Hochleistu...F8&qid=1442015970&sr=8-1&keywords=lte+antenne

there I have one in reserve:
    http://www.amazon.de/novero-dabendo...F8&qid=1442015970&sr=8-3&keywords=lte+antenne

and formerly it here:
    http://www.amazon.de/Richtfunk-Spee...d=1442016106&sr=8-1&keywords=lte+antenne+yagi

Greetings from Bavaria (South Germany)

Franz

Coltect

Hardware
    Hello Franz,
    Our farm is about 300KM south of Queensland border, in what is called North West New South Wales.

Those LTE antennas look good, but I really want some that are designed for 700MHz.
    The 800MHz ones will probably work, as my current bought and DIY 850MHz yagis do work, but I am sure a 700MHz one will be better.

The China MIMO cheap antennas really surprise me as to how well they work, and for around $AU35.00 each delivered, it is hard to justify building your own.

However when I get time I will attempt to build one of the BiQuad MIMO's when I can modify the design for 700MHz, because I like to build things :)

Cheers, Coltect

Franz

Tarif
    Vodafone Cable 25MBits
    Hardware
    FritzBox 6490Cable
    Hello Coltect,

changing the dimensions Ospel can take over for you. He has created this Bending Template (Biegeschablone) for 800MHz. He is the Dad of the Antenna und the Master of CAD! :cool:
    Only ask politeness him. Than you have only to print out :rolleyes:

Biegeschablone.jpg

sincerly

Franz

punkicat

Hardware
    Huawei E5170 (Homenet Box LTE)
    LTEWatch mit Huawei E5170s-22 (T-Mobile Autria Home Net Box LTE)

Hallo,

ich habe seit kurzem den LTE-Router Huawei E5170s-22 (T-Mobile Autria Home Net Box LTE), funktioniert ganz ok. Möchte aber eine LTE-Antenne (800MHz) beschaffen, um das ganze zu optimieren. Habe dazu das super Tool LTEWatch runtergeladen. Leider werden keine RSRP und RSRQ-Werte angezeigt und auch keine Global Cell-ID (ist aber zu verschmerzen).
    Gibts hier eine Chance an die fehlenden Werte RSRP/RSRQ zu kommen?

Danke vorab schon mal an alle.:)

LTEWatchH_2015-09-17@07.59.46.jpg

KOSH

Tarif
    unendlich
    LTE Speed
    145,00 MBit
    Hardware
    @Coltect
    Send: AT^SYSCFGEX=?
    Receive: ^SYSCFGEX: ("00","01","02","03","99"),((2000000400380,"GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA BCVIII/WCDMA BCI"),(280000,"GSM850/GSM1900"),(3fffffff,"All bands")),(0-2),(0-4),((800c5,"LTE BC1/LTE BC3/LTE BC7/LTE BC8/LTE BC20"),(7fffffffffffffff,"All bands"))

AT^SYSCFGEX="00", 3FFFFFFF, 1,2,7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ,,

7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF for all Bands is right in my first post i write FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    --------------------------------------

signal.jpg

For second Test I set the stick to LTE Band-3 1800 MHz ( AT^SYSCFGEX="03",3FFFFFFF,2,4,4,, ) but I have NO SIM-Card inside.
    No Internet possible but I see LTE-Signal Strength :cool:

A cheap LTE-meter

^HCSQ:"LTE",53,45,181,18-------RSSI Formel dBm=>value1<-120
    ^HCSQ:"LTE",53,45,181,18-------RSSP Formel dBm=>value2<-140
    ^HCSQ:"LTE",53,45,181,18-------SINR Formel dB=0.2 x >value3<-20
    ^HCSQ:"LTE",53,45,181,18-------RSRQ Formel dB=0.5 x >value4<-19.5

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

ospel

Administrator
    Tarif
    DataGo XL
    LTE Speed
    um 50Mbit/s down
    Hardware
    FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Antenne: Wittenberg LAT28 LTE-Handy: LG G5 SE
    ... Gibts hier eine Chance an die fehlenden Werte RSRP/RSRQ zu kommen?

@Olox, @KOSH ... keine Idee dazu?

@punkicat, es ist mir bekannt, dass RSRP und RSRQ fehlen, wenn man LTE-Watch mit einer 3G-Verbindung benutzt. Aber deinem Screenshot nach ist es ja eindeutig 4G. Wahrscheinlich werden die entsprechenden Parameter vom Router in einem anderen Format oder einer anderen Schreibweise ausgegeben und deshalb kann LTE-Watch das nicht (aus)lesen.

Aber in der Beziehung bin ich ein ganz kleines Lichtlein, da müssten die LTE-Watch-Freaks mal ein Auge drauf werfen.

ospel

Administrator
    Tarif
    DataGo XL
    LTE Speed
    um 50Mbit/s down
    Hardware
    FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE Antenne: Wittenberg LAT28 LTE-Handy: LG G5 SE
    Hello Coltect,

changing the dimensions Ospel can take over for you. He has created this Bending Template (Biegeschablone) for 800MHz. He is the Dad of the Antenna und the Master of CAD! :cool:
    Only ask politeness him. Than you have only to print out :rolleyes:

[...]

sincerly

Franz

Hello Coltect,

please use Google-translator ... Tx :eek:

Wenn du so eine Biquad-Antenne bauen willst und du mir deine exakten LTE-Frequenzen für Down- und Uplink nennst berechne ich dir gerne die Dimensionen und erstelle dir eine Biegeschablone.

br
    ospel

OloX

Tarif
    Call & Surf Comfort via Funk L@60GB
    LTE Speed
    Seit dem Hybrid Release im Keller
    Hardware
    TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750@OpenWRT@E3372@Novero
    Einfach mir mal die Log Datei zukommen lassen, vielleicht kann man da was machen ;)

KOSH

Tarif
    unendlich
    LTE Speed
    145,00 MBit
    Hardware
    @Olox, @KOSH ... keine Idee dazu?

@punkicat, es ist mir bekannt, dass RSRP und RSRQ fehlen, wenn man LTE-Watch mit einer 3G-Verbindung benutzt. Aber deinem Screenshot nach ist es ja eindeutig 4G. Wahrscheinlich werden die entsprechenden Parameter vom Router in einem anderen Format oder einer anderen Schreibweise ausgegeben und deshalb kann LTE-Watch das nicht (aus)lesen.

Aber in der Beziehung bin ich ein ganz kleines Lichtlein, da müssten die LTE-Watch-Freaks mal ein Auge drauf werfen.

Olox ist der Freak ich bin ***piiip*** :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

KOSH

Tarif
    unendlich
    LTE Speed
    145,00 MBit
    Hardware
    Ok dann bitte das "ich bin ein Nichts" löschen ! :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Coltect

Hardware
    @Kosh,
    Google Translate version:
    Kosh ,
    Hallo. Ich kann nicht finden oder zu arbeiten , das Projekt -Modus mit meinem Gerät , das Huawei E8372h -608 . Das Projekt -Modus scheint nicht für dieses Modem vorhanden :-(
    Ich fand ein Firmware- bin-Datei und lief es durch binwalk und andere Werkzeuge und kann nicht eine Spur von einem project.html Datei entweder zu finden.
    Ich habe versucht, das Programm E5186 Toolbox und es hat auch nicht funktioniert.
    Ich denke , dass diese E8372 ist nur das Web-Interface .

Mit dem Web -Browser-Schnittstelle kann ich die gleichen Informationen wie der AT ^ SYSCFGEX bekommen = Befehl .
    Unten ist die Ausgabe von Web- Befehle , wenn das Modem / wingle ist 192.168.1.1

Befehl:
    http://192.168.1.1/api/net/net-mode-list

Antwort:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <response>
    <AccessList>
    <Access>00</Access>
    <Access>02</Access>
    <Access>03</Access>
    </AccessList>
    <BandList>
    <Band>
    <Name>WCDMA BCV/WCDMA BCI</Name>
    <Value>4400000</Value>
    </Band>
    </BandList>
    <LTEBandList>
    <LTEBand>
    <Name>LTE BC1/LTE BC3/LTE BC7/LTE BC28</Name>
    <Value>8000045</Value>
    </LTEBand>
    <LTEBand>
    <Name>All bands</Name>
    <Value>7ffffffffffffff</Value>
    </LTEBand>
    </LTEBandList>
    </response>

sowie aktuelle Modus ;

Befehl:
    http://192.168.1.1/api/net/net-mode

Antwort:
    <response>
    <NetworkMode>03</NetworkMode>
    <NetworkBand>3FFFFFFF</NetworkBand>
    <LTEBand>7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</LTEBand>
    </response>

Ich habe viele weitere HTML-Befehle eingefangen. Vielleicht sind sie nützlich für Olox in LTEWatch -H verwenden, um die E8372 unterstützen ?

I cannot find or get working the project mode with my device, the Huawei E8372h-608. The project mode does not seem to exist for this modem :-(
    I found a firmware bin file and ran it through binwalk and other tools and cannot find any trace of a project.html file either.
    I tried the program E5186 Toolbox and it also did not work.
    I think that these E8372's have only the web interface.

Using the web browser interface I can get the same information as the AT^SYSCFGEX=? command.
    Below is the output from web commands when the modem / wingle is at 192.168.1.1

Command:
    http://192.168.1.1/api/net/net-mode-list

Response:
    <response>
    <AccessList>
    <Access>00</Access>
    <Access>02</Access>
    <Access>03</Access>
    </AccessList>
    <BandList>
    <Band>
    <Name>WCDMA BCV/WCDMA BCI</Name>
    <Value>4400000</Value>
    </Band>
    </BandList>
    <LTEBandList>
    <LTEBand>
    <Name>LTE BC1/LTE BC3/LTE BC7/LTE BC28</Name>
    <Value>8000045</Value>
    </LTEBand>
    <LTEBand>
    <Name>All bands</Name>
    <Value>7ffffffffffffff</Value>
    </LTEBand>
    </LTEBandList>
    </response>

and also current mode;

Command:
    http://192.168.1.1/api/net/net-mode

Response:
    <response>
    <NetworkMode>03</NetworkMode>
    <NetworkBand>3FFFFFFF</NetworkBand>
    <LTEBand>7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</LTEBand>
    </response>

I have captured many more html commands. Maybe they are useful for Olox to use in LTEWatch-H to support the E8372's ?

Coltect

Hardware
    @Ospel,
    Danke, dass Sie , um die Pläne für ein Biquad- Antenne zu tun. Ich wirklich zu schätzen und hoffen, dass wir eine, die genau auf Ihr Design zu machen.

Das Band 28 700MHz hat ;

Uplink im Bereich von 703 bis 748 MHz
    Downlink im Bereich von 758 bis 803MHz

Danke, Coltect

Thank you for offering to do the plans for a biquad antenna. I really appreciate it, and hope to be able to make one that is accurate to your design.

The Band 28 700MHz has;

Uplink in the range of 703 to 748 MHz
    Downlink in the range of 758 to 803MHz

Thank You, Coltect

KOSH

Tarif
    unendlich
    LTE Speed
    145,00 MBit
    Hardware
    @coltect
    Yesterday I found a Finnisch Blog for the newer Hilink-Stick to bring it in projekt-Mode.
    http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2015/07/convert-huawei-e3372h-153-from.html
    I think your E8372 works so. toolbox only work for me with sticks if i set no password only ip-adress !
    There is one set they say you can start it from folder. Is your stick a E8272s (Stick/modem Mode) or a E8372h (Hilink/router Mode) ?
    Convert Huawei E3372h-153 from HiLink/router-mode to Stick/modem-mode

• Run "sw_project_mode.cmd" from "[3] Switchmode E3372h" folder

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Coltect

Hardware
    @Kosh,

Versuchte dies ;

• Run " sw_project_mode.cmd " von "[3] Switchmode E3372h" Ordner

und es tat Änderungsmodi des Stockes : D aber es zu VID 12D1 , PID 1442 , die in einer der INF-Dateien für die Daten -Treiber aus diesem ZIP-Datei nicht geändert.
    Ich habe versucht, Hinzufügen von 1442 bis offensichtliche inf -Dateien wie die serielle eins, und verschiedene andere , hatte aber kein Glück .
    Späten Sonntagabend hier so nicht mehr versuchen jetzt , aber es sieht aus wie es funktioniert , wenn ich die richtigen Treiber jetzt zu finden.

Danke noch einmal.

Non-Hilink-mode.JPG

Tried this;

• Run "sw_project_mode.cmd" from "[3] Switchmode E3372h" folder

and it did change modes of the stick :D but it changed to VID 12D1, PID 1442, which is not in any of the inf files for the data drivers from that zip file.
    I tried adding 1442 to obvious inf files like the serial one, and various others, but had no luck.
    Late Sunday night here so not trying anymore now, but it looks like it will work if I can find the correct drivers now.

Thanks again.

edit - my stick is E8372h-608 (so is Hi-link)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
    Oben